Welcome to Year Five!
In Year Five there are 29 children (18 boys and 11 girls.) We have two teachers: Mrs Payne (Monday to Wednesday) and Miss Ellingham (Thursday and Friday.) Our topics this term include:
- Africa: we are studying Botswana and we are looking at a book called 'Journey to Johannesburg.' The story is about two children who want to save their poorly sister.
- Maths: this term we are looking at coordinates and multiplication.
- English: we are looking at performance poetry.
- PSE: we have been researching human / child rights.
- Design and technology: we are creating African masks.
- PE: we are doing dance and gymnastics.
- Welsh: using the past tense and telling our news.
We are also looking forward to our trip this term to Glan Llyn. We will be staying for 3 days and two nights and we are excited to to try lots of different outdoor activities. We hope it isn't too cold!
We are looking forward to everything coming up this term and we think year five is 'Bendigedig!'